Wednesday 2 September 2009

F.A.Qs


Welcome to my Blog! To begin, I'll start off with a bunch of FAQs that people have been asking me all summer.

1) What kind of program are you going on?

I applied for a teaching post through the French government to teach in a French High school for 7 months.

2) Do you speak French?

No.

3) Don't you think that is a problem?

Yes.

4) Did you have to speak French to apply?

Yes.

5) So how did you fake it?

Thank you Babel Fish and bilingual friends

4) Where will you be?

I will be in a town called Sable-sur-Sarthe which is in the Nantes region and near Sarthe. No, I do not know how to pronounce this. It is 1.5-2.5 hours away from Paris.

Why are you going to France?

To learn French! I felt really sad and depressed about myself after spending a year in Belgium and realizing how pathetic knowing only one language is, since everyone there speaks about 5.

Please comment if you have any other questions!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, i found your blog through the assistant forums. Just wanted to say its a cool read. And glad i'm not the only person going who fluked their way through the application =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, i'm another assistant in the versailles region. came across your blog and wanted to say hi. coral1223.blogspot.com if you're bored.

    diane

    ReplyDelete