Sunday 27 September 2009

Stamped, set, almost ready to go!

Wahoo! I officially have a visa STAMPED in my passport! I e-mailed the e-mail they gave me on thursday afternoon, and they e-mailed me back an hour later giving me a date on Monday. I was unavailable Monday so I asked for it to be on Friday. So they gave me an appt. for 9:15 am.

I wake up at noon every day, on a good day 11, how was I supposed to get up for 9:15?

To make it better, I had promised my friend Jaclyn I would visit her Guelph, which means I would have to leave at 7:30 am to make it back in time.

So I had an amazing 12 hours in Guelph, which included the best chocolate martini I've ever tasted, and managed to get back in Toronto at 10:00. Even though I was an hour late I decided to try for it anyways ( I seriously have a chronic late problem, it's my new years resolution to work on that!)

I walked in and it was the same Visa lady from the orginal appt. She is actually really nice and didn't even yell at me for being late both times.

So now I can officialy go to France! Yay.

Except, blahhhh, I don't want to gooo....I'm going to miss my friends and family so much.

*Sigh* I know going to France isn't a hardship or anything, but I really have no expectations of this year, I am just going to focus on learning French so it won't even matter if it is super fun or not. But...if I'm honest, I'm sure it WILL be fun, or at least a major adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment