Friday 4 December 2009

Birthday!

Blogging is getting VERY ADDICTING. I have to remind myself not to do it everyday so you guys don't get sick of me or thing I have no life. Just so you know, I do have a life (although its true I do have a lot of spare time here) but also I want to be a journalist (I think... we'll see) so I consider blogging to be a productive hobby!

Anyways so I turned 22 yesterday! Wahoo! I had some major pre-b-day blues :(. I think your birthday, like Thanksgiving or Christmas is one of those events that you are used to spending with people that you care about and that care about you.

It's a time where you just get homesick and want your friends and family and a Baskin Robbin mint chocolate chip ice cream cake.

But, it turned out way better then I had imagined thanks to the amazing teachers at my school!

I recieved an e-mail last week saying that I needed to come to the teachers lounge to fill out some paper work on Dec.3. I'm pretty gulliable and it took me several days to figure that there was a possibility that they would plan something. When I walked in there was 2 cakes with candles, coffees and presents!

The English Teacher, who gave me linens and took me for lunch at her house in the countryside, had a major migrane and so made her husband drive her to school and it is is so sweet that she went to all that trouble. She made this chocolate cake that is so rich and amazing; literally the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten in my life. I ate 2 slices and then a few slices more later.

All the teachers also signed a card and got me a lotion, shampoo and bubble bath from L'Occitane En Provence, which I have ALWAYS wanted to buy something from.

And then one of my students made me a cute card and they all sang happy birthday. In English!

And later that night our friends (who arere students in the technical school) came over and brought an apple cake thing, that is not a flan, nor a cake, but basically apple, bread, butter and sugar. It was good!

So it turned out fun and not lonely or depressing!





Sure, unlike last years birthday party I didn't drink 22 jello shots





and unlike the year before that I didn't grind with Sinter Klaus, but hey, I'm more mature now!


For the real celebration, this weekend I head off to Paris (pronounces Pare-eeeeeee) for some serious Starbucks'n' Lourve-ing.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated!!!!! miss you tons! love your blog though you write exactly how you talk its almost as if your here.

    When you come home for the holidays let me know maybe you have time to meet up.

    xo
    Kiyomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I'm so glad it turned out much better than you expected. Enjoy Paris!

    ReplyDelete