Tuesday 1 December 2009

Le Mans Foyer part2

I forgot to include several interesting pieces of information about the Le Mans foyer that I may be moving into. As we learned from my last post, that also means that I may not move in.

This is because they aren't sure that they have rooms. Apparently it will take them until next Monday to figure out if they have a room available.

Perhaps if they started work before 5 pm they would already know this?

In addition, the vending machine does not have diet coke. They have coke, classic coke, zero coke, nestea and cherry coke but NO diet coke.

Do I really want to be living somewhere that can't provide me with my daily aspartame fix?

Although, I have been weaned off this addiction since coming to France so perhaps it is for the best. I can just see myself spending 10 euros a week .

As well, the heating, like everywhere else in France, sucks ass. If I didn't have this space heater in my room I would be on a plane headed back to a developed country, i.e, Canada, who has managed to keep its citizens from freezing despite having temperature of -40 degrees celcius.

To add to my list of complaints, there is one washing machine for the entire foyer.

There are way over 100 rooms in the foyer. And there is one washing machine. It costs 4 euro to use. There is one. FOR THE WHOLE FOYER.

Could this be where the stereotype of the dirty Frenchman originated?

Furthermore, the restaurant is closed on Sundays, but they open a shared kitchen. This makes perfect sense though. Since you can't shit on Sunday, it makes sense to also not be allowed to eat on Sunday.

Despite all this, I really don't care where I live as long as the city is good. I once spent half of a happy summer sleeping on a mattress on a roof, so I think I can handle French foyer conditions.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear Danielle,
    happy birthday to you :)

    Love Kristen.

    ReplyDelete