Friday 18 December 2009

Fly away

On Monday I am returning to Canada. Yay!!! All I have to do is get through the grueling journey and I will be in the home of takeaway coffee, public washrooms and refrigerated milk.

My journey isn't grueling in the way, say, it was in 1867 when you had to ride a horse to the train station, take a train to the coast, take a ferry across the English Channel and then take 2 week boat journey across the Atlantic surrounded by puking children and rats.

Rather, it's grueling in the way that I have to wake up at 5:30 am to catch the train to the airport, spend 3 bored hours in the airport, take a 10 hour flight to Chicago, spend a bored 5 hours in Chicago, take a 2.5 hour flight to Toronto and then wait in the arrivals hall for my mother, who has invariably left our house the exact time my flight has landed due to a warped sense of time it takes to get my baggage (but dear, it will take 30 min. to get baggae. NO MOM THIS ISN'T THE 1970S it takes me 4 minutes and a bathroom break to get to the arrivals hall).

5 comments:

  1. Also, I'm totally jealous of everyone going home for Christmas. And you're even stopping in Chicago - my city! There are lots of good bars at O'Hare. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes lol, O'Hare has the best bar and food of any airport I've been too actually. They have like every fast food chain in America

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didn't go back, did you?

    i did the program and quit and came home in november and it was the best decision i ever made

    ReplyDelete
  4. all you did was complain... so hopefully you're back to Canada for good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not go back and am back in Canada for good! To Anonymous: I have no idea who you are, but sorry if you were offended by my complaining! I prefer to think of it as 'babbling", but I will work on this bad character trait!

    ReplyDelete