Monday 19 October 2009

Euro-Less in France


Ok, its official. There is NO WHERE to change money within a 50 km radius.

No where. Zip. Zap. Zero.

In Anger they told me to go to the Post Office, as did all the banks in Sablé, as well as the smaller post office. So off I set for the Big Post Office in town.

Where they informed me that they could not change money.

Alrighty. Whatever. I will just starve. (okay I won't because I still have 15 Euro on my lunch card which should last until I get paid).

I can't even take more money out of the ATM because I don't have any left in there. Instead, I have Cash. Caaaaassssssh$$$. Supposedly accepted more places then Visa and Mastercard combined times 100/slash/ everywhere. Or not.

Not in France.

Never mind that it is the singularly most touristed country in the world.

This is why their economy is in the gutter. All these tourists want to spend, spend spend, but they are blocked by the lack of exchange places.

I guess I will just have to wait until I get to London, since I know London, being, ya know, a city in a developed country, will have a plethora of independent exhchange places.

Until then, me and my 73 euro cents will just have to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment