Monday 26 October 2009

Why is everyone obessed with French Women

This is definitely the biggest myth I have encountered since coming to France. French women are NOT chic. At all.

They do not have glowing skin or perfectly arranged scarfs.

I think they could really use some foundation and highlights actually.

Its true that they look less sloppy then the average Canadian but nothing really special. They all just look very low-key.

I will report more when I come back from Paris (I'm staying for a day when I come back from London).

It just seems that they don't take fashion risks, and I don't know why this should be admired.

And their HAIR. Ugh. They don't dye it. They don't get extentions. They all stay within 2 shades of their natural colour and get it cut fairly short. I'm the only person with long hair here, just like Belgium!

This blog http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/2009/10/paris-hair.html

idolizes French style and I don't know why. Check it out. These pictures just look like women who rolled out of bed and twisted an elastic into their hair. Any Canadian can do that too!

Although I appreciate that French women are very natural and seem to be very comfortable in their own skin, it doesn't mean that they are any better than Canadians who bleach their hair and apply pounds of bronzer.

1 comment: