Thursday 1 October 2009

Fuck Air Transat

If I thought yesterday was packing drama…

I had to pay an extra TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FIVE DOLLARS for baggage. My entire flight was only 239. Every extra kilogram you have you pay 15$.
So for ever 2.2 lbs, it will cost you FIFTEEN DOLLARS. I had 40.1 kilograms.


I’m 21. I have flown before. Many, Many times before. When you fly international, you are always allowed 2 pieces of baggage with a combined total of 50 kgs. Lets say I have flown (one-way) 25 times in my life and this has always been the case more or less.

APPARENTLY Air Transat decided to change the rules. When it said 23 kgs of baggage allowed, I thought they meant PER BAG. Who the fuck can carry 23 kgs of shit across the Atlantic? One pair of jeans wears 1 kilogram! I bottle of shampoo is another kilogram! A pair of running shoes 1.5 kgs. I probably bring 15 kgs to school everyday.

BULLLLSHIIIIIT.

So when the lady in blue eye shadow told me in a no nonsense voice that I would have to pay 285$, needless to say, I flipped my shit. But I’m still Canadian, so I flipped it more internally, by crying instead of being too rude. The lady said I could upgrade to first class, since it was 250$ anyways and you get a bigger baggage allowance, but then she called and it was full.

So I called my mommy who told me to pay it and that we would yell at them later; I fully plan to send them a strongly worded letter.


I mean I needed all that stuff, I’m leaving for 7 months and there was no where to put it since my mom had already left the airport.

I called the manager who had these awful fake french nails and got her name.

So I took out 2 kilograms and put it in my carry on and continued on to pay.

I was so pissed at the world at this point that I let my metal water bottle drag on the ground creating this awful screeching noise.

Then I just stared down the metal detector lady when she started speaking Philipino to her colleauge. Fuck man I want to hear English for the last half an hour that I’m Canada.

They drug tested my bag or whatever they do but I just stared them down not even trying to be nice so they would be nice to me.

Then I did my face in the airport makeup store ignoring the ladies who work there and talking super loudly on my phone with my friend.

And now I am on this stupid plane to Montreal where I see the lady gave me an exit row seat, which means I have miles of room. Except my legs are super short so I don’t even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment