Monday 26 October 2009

True Stereotype #1: Butter

French people are obsessed with butter. It's not a stereotype. Its true.

I have never had butter before coming here. Butter is the enemy. It is fattening and dairy and will clog your arteries and make you a size 16. I like my toast dry anyways and I cook in a bit olive oil or rarely PAM spray or low-fat, trans-fat free margarine.

Yet, the French consume butter like there is no tomorrow and they are all skinnier then me!

So I decided...when in Rome..and bought myself a stick of butter today. Damn straight.




To add to this French experiment I also drank a glass of red wine for lunch. I ate lunch myself today since all the roommates are on vacation. But I drank wine. and ate butter. Very indulgent, non? But it was quite enjoyable. Why shouldn't I enjoy rich food when by myself? Enough with this puritan guilt!

We will see how this new indulgencies affect my figure, I'm quite (okay, extremely) nervous about this, but I also don't own a full length mirror and therefore won't notice if I go up a size! Its very liberating to live without a full length mirror, everyone should try it.

1 comment:

  1. butter is filling and natural though! so I think the trick is that while you are eating butter, you are eating less overall, probably.

    ReplyDelete