Monday 12 October 2009

Mcdonalds, The Promised Land




Here I sit in the promised land.

It takes about an hour to walk here from my house, but as I had aboso-fukin-lutley nothing to do last night, it being a Sunday, I decided to make the journey.

When I entered it was like a jug of cold water had been splashed on my face.

There were people. Cell phones ringing, cash registers banging, and best of all, a giant sign that said " WIFI: GRATUIT ET ILLIMETE"

Which means that Mcdonalds, is now my haven. I don't care if I gain 15 lbs, I don't care that I have to walk an hour to get here, because Mcdonalds in France has free wifi!

Not only is there free wifi, but Mcdonalds here is super nice. It has booths and comfy chairs and a fast lane to order! And it accepts my credit card! AND it is open on a Sunday, when nothing else is. Et plus, it is open until 10:30 at night while everything else closes at 6.

So thank you Mcdonalds, I don't care if you are ruining the world and the bodies of young men and women everywhere, because you represent all that is good in the world: comfy chairs, credit cards and free wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment