Thursday 22 October 2009

Teachers in Canada don't party like this...

On Tuesday there was a teachers party in the lounge for all the birthdays in Sept and Oct. It was kinda a pot luck affair where teachers brought their own dish. Since this is France, no one brought chips and dips. Instead there were mini quiches, cheese and grapes and thin crust feta and tomato pizza, and sparkling white wine.

Yes. You read right. Sparkling white wine. At 11:30 am. At school. In the Staff lounge.

Then a teacher brought out the guitar. I wasn't sure if I was at a school or +30 cafe at 8pm on a Friday.

Really though, it was super cute and I'm sure if teachers could party like that in Canada they would be less miserable and thus less apt to make their students miserable.

2 comments:

  1. kubes! sarah libman here! i was just thinking about u and went to your FB to see how you are doing and ended up on your blog... i am graduating and want to do something exciting!? ideas? miss and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant access my fb! email me instead! the address is on my fb. lol maybe u should teach in france w me!

    ReplyDelete