Friday 27 November 2009

Christmas Lesson

I "taught" about Christmas today.

I've noticed that I mostly complain on this blog instead of actually describing what I am in in France to do.

But it's my blog so I can write what I want.

(but please keep reading! and commenting! lurve comments! they make me feel less lonely and depressed)

So I got a bunch of pictures about winter and Christmas in Canada. And Channukah and Kwanza obviously. I'm nervous that I forgot some sort of ethnic holiday since I have only been around white people for the past 2 months.

I made them a slide show of





children in snowsuits


red Starbucks cups,



Tim Hortons roll-up-the-rim-to-win cups,






Christmas trees, the Ottawa canal, how busy Yorkdale is.

It didn't even make me homesick! Except for the snowsuits...


damn I wish I could wear snow pants and not look like an idiot.

There was this guy in university (shot out-you know who you are) who used to bike to school in bright yellow rain pants from Mountain Co-op, and I was always a little jealous.

Neways, so yes that is basically how I "teach". I showed pictures. And then I wrote the words on the board. Hard shit.

2 classes tomorrow are cancelled. Yay. More free time to accomplish nothing.

The less I do the less I am motivated to do.

I miss ice coffee.

I think I will go to Paris next weekend to buy some. Is anyone else going to be there?

3 comments:

  1. When are you moving to your new, funner, less depressing town?? These entries are hilarious but no one should have to watch 2 seasons of the office unless they are procrastinating from essays, not from life!!!

    Mmmmmmm winter coffees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in Jan...

    But I'm going back home for Christmas, and until then I am going to try and spend every weekend in Paris or another French town.

    I'm going to think of it as just equaling the higher rent I would have spent had I moved in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm an assistant too and found your blog through the forum. I totally understand what you mean about classes being cancelled and having even more time to do nothing. I'm used to working crazy hours and now, with 7 hours a week of teaching (because, inevitably, profs cancel my classes...) and living in a town of 3,000 I'm feeling copmletely depressed and unmotivated.

    Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete