Friday 20 November 2009

How well do you know world's great cities? - thestar.com

How well do you know world's great cities? - thestar.com


The survey found that 77.4 per cent of Canadians got all 10 right; third-best in the world. Italians scored the highest (they probably got Rome correct) at 79.9 per cent, followed by the U.S. at 79.8 per cent. Australians have a reputation for travelling a lot but they scored only 61.8 per cent – worst of any country surveyed. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie? Ay-yay-yay.


Cuz Aussies are too wasted to even know what city they are in.


In case this hasn't come out yet, I am not the biggest fan of Aussies.

They creep me out.

They always have the same answer to any question you give them.

For instance

"What's your favourite city Mr. Aussie?"
"London! There's a party going on every night!"

"Tell me about yourself?"
"Well I'm from Australia and I worked for 6 months in London and lived in a bar/in a small room with 5 other Aussie mates. Then I saved up enough money to backpack around Europe."



"Why are you on a gap year?:
Well, I just want to travel. I tried going to school for a year but then I decided that I could learn so much more traveling. When I get back I'll finish 2 more years."


It's like a whole country of traveling clones. I feel like Australia must be like North Korea and they have to educate the citizens on an image to present to the world. The image is just sooo uniform. Have you ever met an uptight, sober, fat Australian who hates the beach, loves Americans, and is only on 2 week holiday and staying in a place that costs more than 20 euros a night?


And I don't really believe that any Australians actually live in Australia. There are just too many of them abroad.



Also, they are really bad in bed.

5 comments:

  1. "Also, they are really bad in bed."

    Hahaha. That's what my roommate says too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilaaarious. Of course they leave Australia, THERE IS NOTHING THERE.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_43-4xjnVA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha no but we went to Seattle for Spring Break this last year (yeah, I dunno why we picked seattle) and there were a ton of guys from Australia there (travelling, bien sur!), and she made out with one of them, and then randomly he decided to come visit her in Illinois like, a month later. It was cool but apparently it wasn't so hot. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are like clones... and all the Australians I met would talk about how hard it was to keep their driver's license. The main reason they travel such a ridiculous amount is because it costs so much to leave the island that you better make it worth it and travel the world. I hope you're having fun though.
    Ciara

    ReplyDelete