Thursday 12 November 2009

My visa is beside my ice cream

Ok, thats a lie because I don't have any ice cream.

But after researching budgets and money tips, I took a major leap and froze my credit card.

Literally.

Put my visa in a sandwich baggie, filled it with water and stuck it in the freezer.

I feel like the girl in Shop-o-holic (book not movie)

Does anyone remember when she sealed her credit card in her powder compact and then kept having to buy new compacts because she always smashed it open?

But seriously, now, when I'm young is the best time to get into these types of habits. I obviously spend to much on stuff that I don't need and I need to learn within my means. I mean, the French make way less then the average Canadian and they seem perfectly content with what they have. Perhaps because they don't know what their missing, but the outcome is the same.

Next, The envelope method of budgeting! I will be using cash for the first time in my life.

I am the girl who pays for her 1.87$ coffee with debit.

No longer! Cash is my new best friend.

In case you don't know what the envelope method is, it involves make envelopes with categories like "Entertainment" or "Food" and then putting in the amount of cash you want to spend every month. That way, once its gone its GONE and you are always aware of how much you have left.

Simple, and hopefully effective.

So I have about 55 euros in cash that needs to last me until my next payday, the 27th.

hahah, this will be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

No comments:

Post a Comment