Saturday 21 November 2009

Me and Betty Draper have Something in Common

Seriously we do.



I'm not tall, blonde, thin or a fictional character, but I feel an affinity towards Betty anyways.

We are both bored and lonely.

I write this as I nurse some sparkling rose wine. Alone. In my room. On my bed. In an old black cardigan and skinny Top Shop jeans. With unwashed hair and only Max Factor mascara and Nars Orgasm blush. At least Betty always puts some effort it. I admire that.

She's sad, bored, and lonely like me but she's never without a full face of makeup and perfectly coiffed hair even as she waits every day for Don Draper to come home and ignore her.

My life would be better had I a Don Draper in it, but I don't even have that.

Perhaps I will pour myself another few glasses and read a book. Or maybe I'll just shoot myself in the head.




Ps: I saw this sparkling Rose wine a the grocery store and couldn't resist. It's a bugetry indulgence, but I need to numb the pain. And it was only 2 Euro 15. Sometimes ya just gotta splurge. And yes, my debt keeps climbing. I think I'm now at negative 72 Euro.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle!
    Love your new travel blog. You make me (almost) miss France... except the image of creepy french men trying to make out with tourists outside of the Louvre is still a little too fresh in my mind. Still, I admire what your doing and think its awesome that your teaching english to teenagers (are you corrupting them as well?). Hope boredom is not killing you and enjoy the sights! Miss you. When you come home for the next crazy jewish holiday we'll catch up.

    Love, Taylor

    ReplyDelete