Saturday 7 November 2009

Pics from my one day in Paris

So I went to Paris for a day, due to me booking the Eurostar too late for me to catch a train back to my hometown. See what I did on that one, fateful day: (okay it wasn't fateful at all, I mostly just shopped)





C'est Moi in front of the river Siene. The picture doesn't really show how pretty it was. It was actually raining, and my feet hurt and I was cold and worried about my hair curling, but you can't tell from this picture. I think the rain added to the atmosphere. It made everything all dreary and made me want to duck into a cafe and write my miseries away and pretend to be Hemingway or Simone de Bouvoire. But those cafes are pretty expensive and I don't really understand how to order food since the set meal always has meat in it, so I went to Starbucks instead.





Please look at this random, sketchy statue. It's so sexual. In a lopsided, Dali kind of way.



Look at the beautiful pasteries. The colours! The menu! Such a classy French boulangerie. Don't you think?

Think again!
Its MCDONALDS!!!!!!!!!!




A homeless man in front of the Pompidou.



This is the second-favourite-bookstore mentioned in my last post-Shakespere and Company.. It's right across from the Notre Dame and is famous. Well, as famous as a bookstore can get. To be fair to me, I stumbled across it innocently my first time in Paris. The second floor has books that you can't buy, but can only read in the store. A lot of them are signed or valuable copies I guess. The first floor has a mixture of used and new books. And there are ladders. Any bookshop with ladders rocks in my book. ooo a pun!

No comments:

Post a Comment